Tuesday, May 12, 2009

And This Month's Book Is...



This is your start to easy, summer reading. It's a cute novel sure to take you back to your angsty, teenage years. The best part is that the two sequels are already done! No more authors who like to torment us with cliffhangers :)

Here's a synopsis curtesy of Harper Collins:


Three Georgia peaches are in for one juicy summer . . .

. . . but Birdie would rather eat Thin Mints and sulk in the A/C.

Leeda would prefer to sneak off with her boyfriend, Rex.

And Murphy would much rather cause a little mischief.

Together these three very different girls will discover the secret to finding the right boy, making the truest of friends, and picking the perfect Georgia peach.

6 comments:

Annell said...

I liked it. Cute and easy to read...Made me want some peaches and peach pie and peach preserves and peach ice cream...

I liked how each girl was completely different and how they overcame their differences and became good friends. A good lesson to teach my girlies.

Anonymous said...

Cute story.

I enjoyed reading it. It took me back to HS days, except the girls I grew up with weren't that forgiving or accepting of each other which is why I hung out with the boys...but I digress....

I think I actually liked Murphy the best. She seemed to be the one who softened/changed first and the other girls followed her lead. Even though she showed a rough exterior, she was actually an old softy.

Lauri said...

Jennifer, I think you picked this book so you wouldn't have to think about what to serve at book club. Maybe next time we can read key lime pie.

If I wasn't reading this book for book club I would have stopped at page 88. I thought it was slow and work to read. I did finish it and the last hundred pages seemed to get a little better.

My favorite part of the book - page 307.

Stephanie :) said...

I have been really naughty this month and haven't finished it. Actually, I'm only on page 8. But I will be at book club tonight. I'll finish reading this week.

Pam said...

I really enjoyed this book. It was fun to remember the summers when I was young. The 3 girls were from very different backrounds and it was nice that they were able to come together in a lasting friendship.

Birdie was my favorite....she was sweet, smart, sensitive,strong and naive all at the same time.

Bonus: Peach Cobbler @ bookclub for all to enjoy-Thanks Jenn

Pam said...

I really enjoyed this book. It was fun to remember the summers when I was young. The 3 girls were from very different backrounds and it was nice that they were able to come together in a lasting friendship.

Birdie was my favorite....she was sweet, smart, sensitive,strong and naive all at the same time.

Bonus: Peach Cobbler @ bookclub for all to enjoy-Thanks Jenn