Monday, October 14, 2013

November is Gambling Month

Full disclosure:  Jennifer has broken the Sorta Naughty Cardinal Rule this November.  She has not read this book. Instead, she is relying on the hordes of reviewers on Amazon and Goodreads who LOVED this book 4.5% of the time.  She has no idea how often the "F" word will be mentioned, but is fairly certain that there will be no zombies or people with magical abilities within the cover.  So taking a leap...Jennifer's November pick is:


I hope it's a good one.  I've got Clint Eastwood in my ear saying, "Do you feel Lucky?"

3 comments:

Annell said...

I liked this one. I wasn't so sure I would since I tend to shy away from books dealing with foster care. I liked the respect and love that Molly and Vivian learn to have for each other. It's just another reminder to me that you don't have to be related by blood to be family.

Favorite Quote:
“I like the assumption that everyone is trying his best, and we should all just be kind to each other.”

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this story even though most of it made me feel sad. I liked Vivian's story and was glad it was shared, but I felt that Molly's was really underdeveloped. It didn't seem to be a story of both, just Vivian's. I did like how they were able to find each other and understand each other. Overall, I'd say it was a good book.

Jen said...

I agree with Linda. I really enjoyed the book all the way until the moment that I realized that nothing was going to tie the two protagonists together at the end. Without that expected plot climax, I'm left with a negative feeling about an otherwise engaging, well-written story.