Tuesday, August 26, 2008

What I Learned at Book Club This Month: vol.1

I'm in a sorta naughty book club. And people ask me occasionally "Why bookclub?" I'm sure they're picturing an assemblage of intellectual women in straight-backed chairs "peeling back the layers of the onion" so-to-speak, of Toni Morrison's latest novel. I'm also sure they'd be surprised by the gang of off-color, pajama wearing, (but still intellectual, mind you) broads that hang out at my book club. And while I have enjoyed making a fashion statement once a month in my blue, plaid, pajama bottoms, that's not why I go. I go to learn. Because I feel it's important to never stop expanding your mind with new-found knowledge.

I've decided that I would like to share my aquired knowledge with all of blogland. (Because I'm a philanthropist OK?) That's why I decided to create a new feature on this blog called, "What I Learned at Book Club This Month." I'll post after each meeting, or maybe I won't (cause I'm fun and unpredictable like that), . So for August...drumroll please....

What I Learned at Book Club This Month

I learned from Anell-
that it is possible-
if you have enough patience-
and just the right, gentle touch-
to make a cat drool.

I also learned that once a cat drools, no one ever wants to touch it again.

And isn't that an important lesson? If you do something nasty, you're gonna get shunned.

Words to live by.

Sincerely,
Jen

4 comments:

Annell said...

Totally laughing my head off right now. That really was funny. And to answer Candy's question from last night, I was petting the cats head and back.

Stephanie :) said...

I am laughing to the point of hyperventilating! Jen, thank you for joining the "blogosphere!"

Anonymous said...

See...I knew you should start your own blog. You know just how to write a good story! I totally relived that hysterical moment all over again. Thanks!

Susan said...

HAHAHA! That is hilarious!!! Can we all imput something we learned at bookclub? I learned that when you get the said cat to drool it wants everyone in the room to "touch it" and thats when no one wants to!! I also learned that Anne has a dirty, dirty mind!! Another thing I learned was that we are all sooo creative in "money making" ideas that we should create a corporation or something so we can have bookclub everyday! Thanks girls for being such a bright spot in my life!!!