Sunday, February 21, 2016

I have tried a million times to post this, and every time I get interrupted. This time I'm not moving from the computer until it is done. :) The book is the Witch of Blackbird Pond, by Elizabeth George Speare. Some--if not most--of you have read it before, and I have probably picked it for book club before. If you have read it, you know you want to read it again. For those who haven't, it is one of my favorite books of all time, and I know you will love it. So read it! (You, too, Stephanie!) Love to you all! Candy

1 comment:

Annell said...

I love this story. It's one I read every year.

Favorite quotes:
“What a pity every child couldn't learn to read under a willow tree...”

"There's nothing like a book to keep you company of a long voyage.”

"After the keen still days of September, the October sun filled the world with mellow warmth...The maple tree in front of the doorstep burned like a gigantic red torch. The oaks along the roadway glowed yellow and bronze. The fields stretched like a carpet of jewels, emerald and topaz and garnet. Everywhere she walked the color shouted and sang around her...In October any wonderful unexpected thing might be possible.”